To begin testing your multiplayer functionality, you must first intall Multiplayer Play Mode (MPPM).
To install MPPM, you must have:
- Unity Editor version 2023.1 or later
- An active Project in your Unity Hub
Install the MPPM package
- Open your Unity Hub and select the Project your are presently working on.
- In the editor's menu bar, navigate to Window > Package Manager.
- Click the plus sign in the Package Manager status bar and select Add package by name....
com.unity.multiplayer.playmodein the pop-up window and select Add.
- Once the download is complete, Multiplayer Play Mode appears under Unity Technologies in your Package Manager window.
- To open the MPPM window, navigate to Window > Multiplayer Play Mode.