The Boss Room: Small Scale Co-op Sample v1.0.0-pre is a pre-release release for Multiplayer Samples Co-op.
It requires and supports Unity v2020.3 LTS and Netcode for GameObjects (Netcode) v1.0.0-pre. For additional information on Netcode, see the changelog and release notes for the Unity Netcode package.
|Product||Version||Status||Release Date||Supported Unity Versions|
|Boss Room: Small Scale Co-op Sample||1.0.0-pre||Pre-Release||October 21, 2021||v2020.3 LTS|
Boss Room: Small Scale Co-op Sample always requires the latest version of Unity Netcode. See Unity Netcode for more information on those features, fixes, and known issues.
[1.0.1-pre] - 2021-11-18
- Updated Photon version
- Ported the game to URP
- Updated to Unity 2020.3.21f1
- Updated Boss Room banner image
- Small update to platform support on the readme
- Replace MLAPI references with NGO
- Adding utilities asmdef.
- Visual improvements:
- Touched up the character select background prefab
- A matte around the border of the map to block the camera from seeing lava, edges of meshes, particles, etc
- Lighting changes and optimizations
- Reduced number of realtime lights to 4 (from 27)
- Baked 3x1024 and 1x128 lightmaps (about 4MB), these are for area lights to make the lava glow more convincing
- Added little blob shadows to characters (a plane with a transparent soft black circle attached to the physics object in the character prefab)
- Changed the lights for the enemy spawners from point lights to spot lights (still not shadow casting)
- Rotated all of the little pots to be in different directions so they don't look so copy-pasted
- Tightened radii of the torch lights and reduced the amount of realtime lights for each torch from 2 to 1
- Also added a couple of extra torches
- Upped the contrast and adjusted the ambient lighting of the scene to be a more saturated blue
- Fixed pathfinding issues with doors
- Invincibility counter reset on cancel, animator invincibility parameter reset
- Changed ready button text to UNREADY when player is locked in
- Fixed arrows despawning error while switching scenes
- Fixed a bug involving the NetworkObjectPool's GlobalObjectIdHash
- Fixed missing Boss Room title in the main menu screen for mac builds (same fix as before, but this time for the URP version of the main menu)
- NGO-pre.3 asset fixes for NetworkAnimator
- Fixed arrows not spawning on second playthrough on client side
[1.0.0-pre] - 2021-10-21
This release includes the following new features:
- Player persistence hierarchical modifications to Netcode's Player Prefab
- Radio button introduced for main menu UX improvements (default is still IP)
- Archer's base attack & charged shot 1-3 replicated via NetworkTransform
- NetworkTransform handles players' movement syncing
- Adding ParrelSync and updating third party notice.md
- NetworkAnimator added to boss door & floor switch with server-authority
- Integrating Unity Transport and Relay into Boss Room
- Updated image in the UnityLogo prefab with the new Unity logo
- NetworkObject pool (arrows are pooled)
- Server-authoritative character NetworkAnimator
And the following changes:
- Collider and Layer cleanup & optimizations
- Photon Transport send queue batch size incremented to 8192
- OnNetworkSpawn() refactoring, player prefab removed from NetworkManager prefab list
- Netcode rebranding
- Added link to bitesize samples
- Update compatible Unity version in Readme
- Renaming connection methods in main menu
- Updated Animations to use an additional anticipation animation, to properly work with NetworkAnimator
- Updated actions to latest NetworkAnimator APIs
This release includes the following fixes:
- A Netcode soft sync error on cleanup between scene transitions previously broke the game. For example imps did not spawn and pots were intangible.
- Sometimes after completing a match and the host starts a new match from the Victory or Loss screen, connected players had no visible interactions to join or select characters.
- Sometimes the client may have been disconnected from Photon which caused a timeout and PhotonRealtimeTransport to be in a bad state after the shutdown. An exception developed that fired every frame.
- The game can be initiated while a second player is connecting to the host in CharSelect. Players may join without selected characters spawning and in an unresponsive state.
- The game may not transition completely into the game scene past the character select screen on lower-end Android devices.
- This version currently includes a patched NetworkAnimator. This will be reverted back once this patch goes live in Netcode for GameObjects
See Getting Started with Boss Room to install and get started with Boss Room.