Here are the new high-level features and changes for each release. For a detailed change list, see the release notes for each section.
- Netcode for GameObjects 1.2.0 released. See the NGO changelog.
- Tools 1.1.0 released. See the Tools changelog.
- Unity Transport 2.0.0-pre.3 pre-release available. See the UTP 2.0.0 changelog.
- Unity Transport 1.3.0 released. See the UTP 1.0.0 changelog.
For our March 2022 UTP 1.0.0 release, the following major features were released:
- Multi-platform, custom-wrapped UDP based transport
- Event-driven design
- Network Pipelines Framework including pipelines for:
- Network Condition Simulation
- Scheduled Jobs support for multi-threading
- End-to-end encryption support via DTLS
- Unity Relay support
- Huffman encoded datastreams
- Support for raw, bit-level read and writes from the datastream
- Keep-alive heartbeat message support
See the UTP Transport install guide to install Unity transport with your project.
See the Transport changelog for all release notes and information for Unity Transport. Transport specific Netcode implementations are documented in the Netcode release notes.
For our October 2021 release, the following major features were released:
v1.0.0 Netcode pre-release supports Unity versions 2020.3 and later
- Streamlined RPC layer with support for serialization of custom data types
- Improved scene management which includes additive scene workflows support
- Support for network animations
- Improved network transforms with interpolation support
- Network object parenting support
About Experimental Releases
For Unity experimental releases:
- Expect breaking API changes - using this early has risks! See release notes for extensive information and links to additional content.
- Expect no SLA on timeline to ship patches and fixes to releases, as we are still establishing our test and release cadence.
- Expect these releases to move towards a fuller Release.
- Expect us to answer questions for early adopters on Discord and Forums. We welcome all feedback and issues logged!
- The first time you install Netcode and UTP together, you may get an error. UTP has Burst as a dependency that requires you to restart your editor to properly enable.
- To implement
NetworkSerializefunctionality, you may need to override
WriteField/WriteDelta/ReadField/ReadDeltaas a current workaround.
We added profiler support for Netcode. The new network profiler modules enables you to inspect detailed information about the network activity performed on a given frame.
To install the tools package in your project, see the install tools guide.
The Boss Room Co-Op Sample is now in pre-release and requires Unity 2020.3 LTS and Netcode 1.0.0-pre.
- Player persistence hierarchical modifications to Netcode's Player Prefab
- Archer's base attack & charged shot 1-3 replicated via NetworkTransform
- NetworkTransform handles players' movement syncing
- Adding ParrelSync
- NetworkAnimator added to boss door & floor switch with server-authority
- Integrating Unity Transport and Relay into Boss Room
- NetworkObject pool (arrows are pooled)
- Server-authoritative character NetworkAnimator
Use the Boss Room install guide to start using Boss Room today!
Boss Room: Small Scale Co-op Sample always requires the latest version of Netcode.
This project release is available for use. Support for this release is limited. We recommend asking questions and connecting with development through the #dev-samples channel on the Netcode Discord.
See the Bitesize Samples changelog for all release information on these projects.
Use the BiteSize install guide to begin using the different BiteSize sample projects.
See the Documentation changelog for major updates to content and site development.